Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Army readies operations concept
Thursday - 8/19/2010, 8:40am EDT
- The Army gears up to release a blueprint for success on battlefronts of the future. It's called the Army Operating Concept. A spokesperson tells Federal News Radio in an e-mail the plan will describe the use of Army forces between 2016 and 2028. It will focus on the operational and tactical levels of war. The document will also identify capabilities required to prioritize future force development.
- It's become an international debate...whether or not to build a mosque near Ground Zero in New York City. Now some supporters of the mosque are asking why nobody is complaining about a mosque inside the Pentagon. Mark Segraves of our sister station WTOP spoke with the Pentagon and found there is no mosque: it's a chapel. The Pentagon chapel hosts a weekly worship service for Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Mormons, Protestants, Catholics and Episcopalians. Learn more this afternoon when Segraves will talk more about this with Chris Dorobek on the Dorobek Insider after the Nationals Ballgame.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.