Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Army readies operations concept
Thursday - 8/19/2010, 8:40am EDT
- The Army gears up to release a blueprint for success on battlefronts of the future. It's called the Army Operating Concept. A spokesperson tells Federal News Radio in an e-mail the plan will describe the use of Army forces between 2016 and 2028. It will focus on the operational and tactical levels of war. The document will also identify capabilities required to prioritize future force development.
- It's become an international debate...whether or not to build a mosque near Ground Zero in New York City. Now some supporters of the mosque are asking why nobody is complaining about a mosque inside the Pentagon. Mark Segraves of our sister station WTOP spoke with the Pentagon and found there is no mosque: it's a chapel. The Pentagon chapel hosts a weekly worship service for Muslims, Jews, Hindus, Mormons, Protestants, Catholics and Episcopalians. Learn more this afternoon when Segraves will talk more about this with Chris Dorobek on the Dorobek Insider after the Nationals Ballgame.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.