Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Cybersecurity conference wraps up
Friday - 8/6/2010, 8:30am EDT
- The FBI and Fordham University have wrapped up this year's International Conference on Cyber Security. ICCS 2010 lasted three days and featured 50 speakers with expertise in emerging technologies, operations and enforcement, and real life experiences. The FBI was a primary sponsor of the meeting. White House CyberSecurity Coordinator Howard Schmidt was a keynote speaker. The conference was designed to bring together global leaders in emerging cyber threat analysis, operations and enforcement.
- The federal government spends around $80 billion dollars a year on information technology. But both hardware and software are made of many components, supplied by many companies around the world. That's why insuring cyber security is becoming a matter of making sure the product supply chain is reliable. CACI International and the U. S. Naval Institute have issued a report, Cyber Threats to National Security: Countering Challenges to the Global Supply Chain. (For more on the report from Tom Wilkerson, the CEO of the U.S. Naval Institute, click here.)
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.