Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Gates digs in on budget cuts
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 8:40am EDT
DoD Report - Tune in weekdays at 40 minutes past the hour for the latest news on the Defense Department. The DoD Report can be heard on the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Amy Morris (6-10 a.m.) and the DorobekINSIDER with Chris Dorobek (3-7 p.m.). Listen live at FederalNewsRadio.com or on the radio at 1500 and 820 AM in the Washington, D.C. metro area. The DoD Report is brought to you by Dell.
- Secretary of Defense Robert Gates wants industry to know he isn't kidding about wanting cost savings from contractors. He met with more than a dozen defense industry executives and warned them to start delivering those savings, the Wall Street Journal reports. Gates called the meeting routine, but attendees tell the Journal that it was anything but. One said it appeared as if Gates wants to lead, and avoid following, efforts to rein in Pentagon spending. The secretary is trying to slow spending growth to one percent annually. Some members in Congress are calling for deep reductions. The annual defense tab is now about 700 billion dollars. Defense Acquisition Chief Ashton Carter held a similar meeting with industry executives in June.
- The Pentagon delays plans to hire a new chief information officer. California CIO Terri Takai has been chosen to fill that role. But the Pentagon tells Federal News Radio that her confirmation hearings will have to wait until DOD finishes a review of its organizational structure. The review is in response DOD's effort to reduce overhead.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.