Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
IT security help wanted
Monday - 7/26/2010, 8:30am EDT
- The Nuclear Regulatory Commission is looking for vendors to help with automating IT security. The goal is to free up resources. But finding the right company for the job isn't always easy. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller spoke about it with NRC Chief Information Security Officer Pat Howard at a recent IT panel. For more, listen to the audio above.
- The Online Trust Alliance says that Commerce Secretary Gary Locke will be the keynote speaker at its Online Trust and Cybersecurity Forum. TradingMarkets.com reports that Locke will join Justice CIO Vance Hitch, PayPal CISO Michael Barrett, and Randall Rothenberg of the Interactive Advertising Bureau. White House Cyber Security Coordinator Howard Schmidt is invited but has not yet confirmed. Locke will share the Department of Commerce's view on the importance of online trust and confidence and how they are the keystones of the global economy.
- Researchers have found that cyber criminals are using off-the-shelf attack programs to infect 1.2 million computers. Experts for AVG Technologies say the Eleonore toolkit has infected 1-in-10 computers that it comes in contact with. The toolkit lures users to infected Web sites and then infects them with malware. A senior vice president for AVG says that off-the-shelf programs like Eleonore make it easy for cyber criminals to make money from cyber crime.