Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Cybersecurity Center pitched for USNA
Tuesday - 6/29/2010, 9:30am EDT
- The Naval Academy is pitching a plan to build a new facility for training cyberwarriors. The school's chief academic officer says the building would allow students to apply class-work in real-life situations. Nothing is final yet, but the Academy has approached senior Navy leaders with the idea. The Annapolis facility would cost between $80 and $100 million dollars.
- CIA Director Leon Panetta says aside from terrorism, he's most concerned about two threats which he thinks have stayed largely under the radar of most Americans. On ABC's "This Week," Panetta said top of mind is the proliferation of nuclear weapons and the possibility that terrorists could get their hands on one. The other concern is cybersecurity. Panetta says the threat of cyber warfare is very real, and that it could threaten the nation's power grid and financial system. Panetta says cybersecurity is an area that needs more attention.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.