Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Hosts Tom Temin and Emily Kopp bring you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews on our daily show blogs.
Defense firms face cyber spying at arms bazaar
Thursday - 6/17/2010, 8:30am EDT
- Top weapons groups are on high alert just outside Paris, looking for cyber spies. France is hosting a major "Arms Bazaar," the world's largest arms fair for land forces. Nearly 50,000 people who make, buy and use advanced weapons are attending the event. But defense firms say it's also a snooper's paradise, and is another proving ground for the cyber war, reports Reuters. A lot of the technology on display focuses on how to repel digital hackers.
- The Homeland Security Department should have the authority to compel other federal agencies to button up their networks again cyber threats. That's according to DHS Inspector General Richard Skinner, speaking to the House Homeland Security Committee. A Senate bill now being debated would give DHS oversight of federal cyber efforts. Skinner's remarks came in the wake of an internal assessment, reported yesterday on Federal News Radio, questioning the ability of the U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team to deal with cyber security on a government-wide basis.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of cybersecurity issues here.