Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Monday - Friday, 6-9 a.m.
Host Tom Temin brings you the latest news affecting the federal community each weekday morning, featuring interviews with top government executives and contractors. Listen live from 6 to 9 a.m. or download archived interviews below.
Thursday Morning Newsstand
Thursday - 4/23/2009, 7:00am EDT
Police are still investigating the apparent suicide of Freddie Mac chief financial officer David Kellerman. An unnamed official tells the Associated Press that Kellerman may have hanged himself. The 16-year Freddie Mac veteran was found dead in his Fairfax County, Virginia home around 5 a.m. yesterday. The government seized his company last September after criticism that reckless business practices fueled the nation's financial crisis. A medical examiner will determine the exact cause of death.
The president's choice to lead Immigrations and Customs Enforcement says turf wars have no place in federal government. John Morton made his comments in a confirmation hearing yesterday. He was responding to reports that ICE is not coordinating operations with other ther federal law enforcement agencies working on the country's southwest border. He said that RESOLVING the problem would be a top priority. Morton is a career federal prosecutor. A full Senate vote on his nomination is expected next week.
Training and employee morale are top priorities for the man picked to run FEMA. Craig Fugate made those comments at his confirmation hearing yesterday before the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee. Fugate also pledged to invest in technology and work on a plan to respond to cyber attacks. Fugate currently leads Florida's emergency management division. His nomination is expected to clear the full Senate with little trouble. That could happen next week.
The country's national parks are getting 750-million dollars for repairs and improvements. The money comes from the Interior Department's portion of the stimulus bill. It will fund more than 750 projects in 48 states and is expected to create or save 20-thousand jobs starting this summer. The money includes around 40-million dollars for parks and memorials in DC, Maryland and Virginia.
Look out this morning for a flurry of pint-sized future feds. It's Take Your Child to Work Day. First lady Michelle Obama is celebrating by welcoming the kids of Executive Office employees at the White House. She'll start with brief remarks around 10:30, and later, she heads to the Office of Personnel Management. Take your child to work day was started by the Take our Daughters and Sons to Work Foundation. The idea was to take the mystery out of where parents spend their working hours.
Other Stories We're Following:
House panel wants cybersecurity briefing (FCW)
Police investigating death of Freddie Mac official
Gates nominates new Air Force IG
National parks getting $750 million from stimulus