Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Friday - 1/4/2008, 11:49am EST
Scott Denniston, Dir. VA Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
Amtower and guests Everett Alvarez, CEO of Alvarez Associates and Scott Denniston, Director of the Veterans Admistration OSDBU office discuss the all aspects of contracting opportunities for Veterans and Veteran-owned businesses. Among the specfic topics discussed were the VA OSDBU outreach programs (Scott has spoken in 45 of 50 states!), Center for Veterans Enterprise, how Veterans can get started in government contracting and the resources available, the upcoming OSDBU conference, the 4th Annual National Veterans Small Business Conference, the SEWP contract (the Alvarez portion of the SEWP contract has its own web site at www.SEWPBUY.com), and more.
Special note - Everett Alvarez is a highly decorated Vietnam vet, perhaps best known for being a POW. He spent 8.5 years in captivity at the Hanoi Hilton, making him the second longest-held POW in American history.