Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Friday - 1/4/2008, 11:49am EST
Scott Denniston, Dir. VA Office of Small and Disadvantaged Business Utilization
Amtower and guests Everett Alvarez, CEO of Alvarez Associates and Scott Denniston, Director of the Veterans Admistration OSDBU office discuss the all aspects of contracting opportunities for Veterans and Veteran-owned businesses. Among the specfic topics discussed were the VA OSDBU outreach programs (Scott has spoken in 45 of 50 states!), Center for Veterans Enterprise, how Veterans can get started in government contracting and the resources available, the upcoming OSDBU conference, the 4th Annual National Veterans Small Business Conference, the SEWP contract (the Alvarez portion of the SEWP contract has its own web site at www.SEWPBUY.com), and more.
Special note - Everett Alvarez is a highly decorated Vietnam vet, perhaps best known for being a POW. He spent 8.5 years in captivity at the Hanoi Hilton, making him the second longest-held POW in American history.