Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Senior Vice President
Amtower opens this show by announcing his first annual AMMIE Awards in the categories of
- Chalk Outline of the Government Contract Boulevard award;
- The Do Not Pull On Supermans Cape award;
- The You Can Lead a Horse to Water award; and,
- the Congressional Methane Production award. Listen to catch the winners.
Amtower and guest Emory Miller of Robbins-Gioia discuss Program Management and its various applications in the federal market. Starting with a discussion of the changing landscape under the President's Management Agenda and the need for developing a professional Program Management career track in government to fully support the implementation of the programs the government pursues.
Currently, the execution of many government programs is done poorly. Miller contends that this is partly due to the fact that there is no professional training for or career track for people responsible for carrying programs to fruition.