Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Senior Vice President
Amtower opens this show by announcing his first annual AMMIE Awards in the categories of
- Chalk Outline of the Government Contract Boulevard award;
- The Do Not Pull On Supermans Cape award;
- The You Can Lead a Horse to Water award; and,
- the Congressional Methane Production award. Listen to catch the winners.
Amtower and guest Emory Miller of Robbins-Gioia discuss Program Management and its various applications in the federal market. Starting with a discussion of the changing landscape under the President's Management Agenda and the need for developing a professional Program Management career track in government to fully support the implementation of the programs the government pursues.
Currently, the execution of many government programs is done poorly. Miller contends that this is partly due to the fact that there is no professional training for or career track for people responsible for carrying programs to fruition.