Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Cybersecurity and crowdfunding
Thursday - 5/16/2013, 6:25pm EDT
- Federal News Radio and WTOP were both victims of a cyber attack crippling both websites. Why did it happen and could it happen to you? Chief Security Officer Richard Bejtlich of Mandiant joins me to discuss the worlds cyber issues and dispenses some valuable cyber advice.
- *The benefits of easing access to billions of dollars of capital will probably outweigh the costs of fraud associated with crowdfunding, according to a Bloomberg Government Analysis. Finance Policy Analyst Cady North and Financial Analyst Afzal Bari discuss the future of crowdfunding.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Richard Bejtlich is Mandiant's Chief Security Officer. He has more than 15 years of experience in enterprise level intrusion detection and incident response working with the federal government, defense industrial base and Fortune 100 companies. He wrote The Tao of Network Security Monitoring, Extrusion Detection, and co-authored Real Digital Forensics. He currently writes for his blog taosecurity.blogspot.com and teaches for Black Hat.|
||Afzal Bari is a financial analyst at Bloomberg Government, focusing on technology and telecommunications. He advised senior executives at large global firms as a strategy consultant with the Corporate Executive Board. Bari holds an MBA from Duke University and undergraduate degrees in information technology and government.|
||Cady North is a finance policy analyst with Bloomberg Government. She joined Bloomberg Government from Financial Executives International, where she was senior manager of government affairs. North has a B.A. in government from the University of Texas at Austin.|