Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Budget battle and the economy
Thursday - 3/21/2013, 7:02pm EDT
- According to House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan, the budget "blueprints" proposed now by the House and Senate may as well be from different solar systems. Health care, defense spending and of course taxes continue to be areas where compromise just doesn't seem possible. With a continuing resolution holding the government afloat, what's keeping the two sides from settling on a plan? Bloomberg Government's Director of Legislative Analysis Loren Duggan and Senior Budget Analyst Cameron Leuthy will explain the differences and help us understand the roadblocks.
- Senior Economic Analyst Dr. Nela Richardson will go over the latest job numbers, review the housing outlook, and dive into what sequestration and the economy could do to the stock market.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Loren Duggan is Bloomberg Government's chief legislative analyst. Before joining Bloomberg, he was editor of Congressional Quarterly's House Action Reports, providing summaries and analysis of legislation. He also contributed to CQ's legislative tracking services during his decade with the company. Loren holds a bachelor's degree in political science and psychology from American University.|
||Cameron Leuthy is a budget and congressional analyst for Bloomberg Government. Cameron has worked at the White House Office of Management and Budget, the Defense Department, and in the private sector at Booz Allen Hamilton. His expertise includes the budget process and the nexus of national security policy, operational requirements and funding. He has a bachelor's degree from Western Washington University and an MPA from the University of Washington.|
||Nela Richardson is an economic analyst with Bloomberg Government. She was a research economist at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission before joining Bloomberg. Richardson was also a senior economist at Freddie Mac, a researcher at Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies, and an adjunct professor of finance at Johns Hopkins. Richardson has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Maryland, a M.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, and a B.A. from Indiana University.|