Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
New program brings veterans into acquisition workforce
Tuesday - 1/31/2012, 12:27pm EST
Already, two dozen students have signed on for three years of rigorous classroom and on-the-job training. At the end, they'll be ready to work for any agency's procurement shop.
"It's really to grow the next generation of acquisition professionals and creating a career path for our returning warriors," said Lisa Doyle, chancellor of the VA Acquisition Academy, which runs the program. "The purpose is to re-capitalize the acquisition workforce in the Department of Veterans Affairs, but other government agencies can also participate."
Doyle spoke to The Federal Drive with Tom Temin on Tuesday morning about the Academy and how it's helping returning veterans to ease into government employment.
For more information about the program, visit the Academy's website.