Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
What is a Presidential Innovation Fellow?
Tuesday - 4/1/2014, 4:00am EDT
Faster and improved disaster response can save lives. A streamlined buying process can save the government hundreds of thousands of dollars. Better technology can give the public access to important data in minutes instead of hours.
Over the past two years, 61 talented and diverse individuals from the private sector teamed up with federal agencies to develop solutions like these to some of the nation's toughest challenges.
After marked success in the first two rounds, the Presidential Innovation Fellows program is now accepting applications for Round 3 until April 7, 2014. Round 1 of the program launched in August 2012 with five projects. Round 2 launched in June 2013 with 10 projects and is currently ongoing.
Federal News Radio's three-day special report, "Solving Our Nation's Toughest Challenges: The Presidential Innovation Fellows," takes a behind-the-scenes look at the fellows program, learns some of the greatest success stories from rounds 1 and 2 and looks forward to future rounds of the program.
Watch the video below to learn about the Presidential Innovation Fellows, and visit our special report page for more exclusive content on the program.
MORE FROM THE SPECIAL REPORT, SOLVING OUR NATION'S TOUGHEST CHALLENGES: THE PRESIDENTIAL INNOVATION FELLOWS