Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Federal Drive Show Blog - November 11, 2013
Monday - 11/11/2013, 9:33am EST
Ed Meagher joined Tom Temin as a guest host on today's Federal Drive.
Clinic for Legal Assistance to Servicemembers
Several organizations focus on jobs and employment issues for veterans. But that's not all they need. For instance, legal issues. Those are top priorities for students at George Mason University Law School. They've developed the Clinic for Legal Assistance to Servicemembers that helps veterans with disability claims, discharge upgrades and civil suits. Laurie Forbes Neff is the director of the clinic.
Hayley Gefell (left), executive vice president at Linden Resources, and Kristina Tanasichuk (right), CEO at Government Technology Services Coalition
Transitioning into civilian life after serving in the military isn't always an easy or simple step for many servicemembers. Linden Resources and the Government Technology and Services Coalition have partnered to help. Together, they've developed VetsReady2Work to help prepare new veterans with tools they need to find meaningful work. With more about it is Hayley Gefell, executive vice president at Linden Resources, and Kristina Tanasichuk, CEO at Government Technology Services Coalition.
Senior Adviser for National Security
The New America Foundation
By many measures, the U.S. military is retrenching. Budget growth has slowed to a halt. The number of troops and weapons systems is shrinking. Tom Ricks has a Veterans Day analysis of where DoD is heading. Ricks is a military author and senior adviser for national security at the New America Foundation.
Federal News Radio
Two rival trade groups representing federal contractors are headed to court. TechAmerica is suing the IT Industry Council and three of the four employees who left it and went to the Council. Federal News Radio's executive editor, Jason Miller, has more.
Federal News Radio
Pentagon officials are very close to finishing their work on an overhaul of DoD's guidebook for navigating the acquisition system. And the process led them to the conclusion that they need Congress' help to unwind a cumbersome maze of acquisition laws that have been layered on through the decades. More from Federal News Radio's Jared Serbu.