Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Evacuation order lifted at Navy base in Va.
Wednesday - 9/18/2013, 8:51pm EDT
NORFOLK, Va. (AP) -- The Navy has lifted an evacuation order for two buildings at a Virginia base that serves as the headquarters for the Atlantic fleet.
The evacuation Wednesday came two days after 12 people were gunned down at the Washington Navy Yard. The order was lifted by early evening.
A Navy official said two Fleet Forces Command buildings were evacuated after a suspicious person was questioned by authorities.
Spokeswoman Beth Baker says the person is a Navy retiree who had a valid ID to access the base. There was no indication he had a weapon.
Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads hosts the headquarters of U.S. Fleet Forces Command, NATO Allied Command Transformation and Marine Corps Forces Command, among others. The base is near Naval Station Norfolk and is home to 6,000 personnel.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.