Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
In Depth Show Blog - September 16, 2013
Monday - 9/16/2013, 8:16pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
In Depth provided updates all day on the shooting at the Naval Sea Systems Command Headquarters at the Navy complex.
Chief Information Officer/Chief Technology Officer
Internal Revenue Service
A twenty-year battle to modernize the tax processing system at the Internal Revenue Service is finally over. The Government Accountability Office took the system off its high-risk list this year, and the man responsible is earning some lofty recognition. Terence Milholland, chief information officer and chief technology officer at the Internal Revenue Service, was nominated for a Service to America Medal for his efforts. He joins In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss his accomplishment.
Visiting Fellow on Foreign Policy
An all-out cyber war hasn't happened yet, but it is possible. Ian Wallace, visiting fellow on foreign policy with the Center for 21st Century Security and Intelligence at the Brookings Institution, recently co-hosted an event with other cybersecurity experts at Brookings to discuss the possibility of a cyber war.
U.S. Naval Institute
The tragic shooting at the Naval Sea Systems Command is rocking the D.C. area. Sam Lagrone, online editor at the U.S. Naval Institute, provides an inside look at the Navy Yard office complex in Southeast D.C.
Director of Information Technology Management Issues
Government Accountability Office
Duplicative IT networks are costing federal agencies hundreds of millions of dollars. The Government Accountability Office has identified 12 potential IT systems that add up to more than $320 million in duplicative spending. David Powner, director of Information Technology Management Issues at GAO, joins In Depth with more from the report.
Federal Protective Service
Today's shootings at the Washington Navy Yard may make getting into your federal building harder in the coming days. Wendell Shingler, the former director of the Federal Protective Service, joins In Depth to discuss how agencies will likely heighten security in the coming days.