Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
In Depth Show Blog - July 24, 2013
Wednesday - 7/24/2013, 6:26pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to our interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day, as well as links to other stories and resources we discuss.
On the show today:
Wednesdays at 3 p.m.
On today's Pentagon Solutions, sponsored by DRS Technologies, Francis Rose discusses Quadrennial Defense Review with Doug Wilson, senior fellow in residence at the Truman Project and Center for National Policy. In Wilson's recent opinion piece, "Ditch the QDR" published in "Defense One," he argues the Pentagon has already met its four requirements of the 2014 QDR.
Professor of Public Management
Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government
Tight budgets make fulfilling your agency's mission difficult, but for your team, sequestration might actually make your mission easier.
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department is scrubbing its financial books to see if it can cut furlough days for its civilian employees. But Defense officials warn House Armed Services Readiness Subcommittee members furloughs could turn into layoffs if sequestration continues into fiscal 2014. Congressman Rob Wittman is the chairman of the House Readiness Subcommittee. He spoke with Federal News Radio executive editor Jason Miller about the Defense Department's briefing and what civilian employees should expect.
Senior Technology Policy Advisor
National Institute for Standards and Technology
The creation of a national standard for cybersecurity is moving along for the National Institute for Standards and Technology. NIST is reviewing the results of a third workshop to build the voluntary cybersecurity framework, and they've already scheduled the fourth.
Senior Vice President and Director, International Security Program
Center for Strategic and International Studies
The 2014 Quadrennial Defense Review is due in February of next year, and that's the bad news. The good news is, the Pentagon may have a bit of a head start on the QDR this time around.
Homeland Security Transportation Security Subcommittee
Problems in procurement at the Transportation Security Administration have Congress's attention — on both sides of the aisle. The chairmen and ranking members of the House Homeland Security Committee and the transportation security subcommittee are co-sponsoring a bill to change TSA's procurement process.
- House votes to stop Defense furloughs in 2014
- Changes eyed in door-to-door mail delivery
- Coalition for Government Procurement looks for EIP award nominations
- Mike Causey: The man with the suitcase full of cash!
- FEMA hosting hiring strategy workshop for SES
- Contemporary Services Corporation gets DHS 'qualified anti-terrorist tech' designation
- NIST revises digital signature standards