Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Senate confirms Macfarlane to new term leading NRC
Thursday - 6/27/2013, 10:50pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate has confirmed Allison Macfarlane for a new term as chairwoman of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
Macfarlane, a geologist, has led the commission since last year.
She said in a statement that she was honored to be nominated for a full five-year term as chairwoman and grateful for the Senate vote Thursday night to confirm her. She pledged to make the commission transparent and open to public engagement.
Macfarlane has sparred with Democratic Sen. Barbara Boxer of California over access to commission documents related to the San Onofre nuclear plant in California. The plan's operator said earlier this month that it will shut down operations after a series of problems.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.