Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Dynamic Research Corporation's Paul Strasser
Thursday - 5/9/2013, 7:32pm EDT
More about Paul Strasser:
|Paul Strasser joined DRC as Senior Vice President and General Manager, in 2010. Mr. Strasser first led DRC Strategic Development until November 2011 when he transitioned into operations. Today, Mr. Strasser is responsible for operations and delivery on over 50 projects and new business growth strategies that will further expand DRC's presence in Science and Technology, Management and Technology Consulting, and Engineering. Primary Solutions areas include: Big Data, Cloud Computing, and C4ISR. Customers include: Department of Defense (DOD), Veterans Affairs (VA), Department of Justice (DOJ), Health and Human Services (HHS), National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Department of Treasury, and several other civilian and intelligence agencies.
Mr. Strasser came to DRC with over 28 years of experience in technical and senior management positions focused on delivering high quality services to defense and federal civilian agencies. He served as Chief Operating Officer at Pragmatics for almost six years as they grew organically nearly five times during that period. Prior to Pragmatics, Mr. Strasser was vice president and division general manager for Titan Corporation's Enterprise Services and Solutions Sector, where he provided leadership, strategy, management, and tactical execution for all operational activities for one of five divisions. Before joining Titan (where he spent 19 years), he served as a certified satellite operations engineer at Lockheed Missiles and Space. He has been responsible for managing large organizations consisting of hundreds of engineers focused on mission-critical information technology (IT) and also capturing numerous large contracts some worth in excess of $1 billion.
Mr. Strasser has a bachelor's degree in Meteorology from State University of New York at Oswego where he also minored in both Astronomy and Marine Sciences. He earned a graduate certificate in Information Systems Management from the University of Southern California Graduate School. He is a recognized expert in independent verification and validation, software testing, project management information systems, spacecraft operations, and satellite command and control.
He is active in several Industry Associations including: AFCEA, the Industry Advisory Council (ACT/IAC) and TechAmerica. At the Government Electronics and Information Technology Association (GEIA) he served as Vice Chairman prior to the merger with the IT Association of America (ITAA). Since the formation of TechAmerica (from ITAA, GEIA and AeA), he has served on the Board of Directors, Public Sector Board, the Reserve Funds Committee, and Finance Committee.