Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
In Depth Show Blog - May 1
Wednesday - 5/1/2013, 8:13pm EDT
Chief Technology Officer
Government Printing Office
Paper consumption is enemy number one at the Government Printing Office. The GPO is neutralizing its foe with its Federal Digital System — or FDsys, which recently hit the 500 million retrieval mark since being launched in January 2009. Ric Davis, GPO's chief technology officer, joins In Depth to discuss the milestone.
Director of the Innovations in American Government Program
Harvard's Kennedy School of Government
Innovation is getting more attention than ever at agencies across government. And your agency can learn lessons in innovation from organizations at all levels of government. The Ash Center for Democratic Governance and Innovation at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government has released its Top 25 Innovations in Government today. Stephen Goldsmith, director of the "Innovations in American Government" Program at the Kennedy School and former mayor of Indianapolis, joins In Depth to discuss innovative federal agencies.
Director of Logistics Operations
Defense Logistics Agency
Success in delivering the goods the military needs in high-pressure environments translates to peacetime and stateside operations. Army Maj. Gen. Ken Dowd, director of Logistics Operations at the Defense Logistics Agency served in Bosnia and Iraq, among other posts. He joins In Depth to discuss lessons learned from the Iraq drawdown.
Continental U.S. NORAD Region
The famous football coach Vince Lombardi said "Practice doesn't make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect." That's a core concept for the North American Aerospace Defense Command. Brig. Gen. Christopher Coates, the deputy commander of the Continental U.S. NORAD Region, to discuss the monthly Falcon Virgo exercise.
Undersecretary for Research, Education and Economics/Chief Scientist
Sharing government data is one of the Obama administration's most important initiatives. And that doesn't mean just with American citizens. The Agriculture Department is reviewing what it learned from sharing information with countries around the world. Catherine Woteki is undersecretary for Research, Education, and Economics, and USDA's Chief Scientist. She was the agency's alternate head of delegation to an international conference on agriculture open data this week.
From Our Reporters:
- Executive Editor Jason Miller on how the Green Building Advisory Committee is measuring the government's green-energy goals ... (Click here to read his report)
- DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on what Navy and Marine Corps leaders are telling Congress about sequestration and military readiness ... (Click here to read his report)