Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
In Depth Show Blog - April 18
Thursday - 4/18/2013, 9:33pm EDT
Thursdays at 3 p.m.
Jon Dittmer, vice president and general manager of the defense sector for Array Information Technology, joins Industry Chatter to discuss the contracting landscape faced by small-business contractors.
Senior Fellow and Associate Partner
IBM Center for the Business of Government
Your agency may have a five-year strategic plan. It may even have a 10-year plan. One agency even has a 200-year strategic plan. But a time frame that makes sense for one agency doesn't always make sense for another. John Kamensky, senior fellow and associate partner at the IBM Center for The Business of Government, joins In Depth to discuss agencies' long-term strategic plans.
Audit Director for Financial Management and IT
Small Business Administration's Office of the Inspector General
Technology is driving changes in telework all across government. But a typical problem plagues one agency — policy lags behind technology gains. The Small Business Administration's Telework Standard Operations Procedural manual is over a decade old. Jeff Brindle, audit director for Financial Management and Information Technology at the Small Business Administration's Office of the Inspector General, discusses the IG's review of FISMA compliance.
Assistant Secretary of the Army
Installations, Energy and Environment
The Department of Defense is on the road to a leaner force. The 2014 budget request also includes programs that would shrink the force. With fewer people, the Army wants to get rid of locations, too. Katherine Hammack, assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and Environment, joins In Depth to discuss why the Army is asking Congress for another BRAC round.
Everymay Consulting Group
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano was on Capitol Hill today, making the case for her agency's 2014 budget request. But Congress has already laid out its budget priorities for the agency. Greg Rothwell, president of Evermay Consulting Group and the first chief procurement officer at DHS, joins In Depth to discuss the homeland security budget.
Program Analyst, Office of the Inspector General
Health and Human Services Department
A little extra money can be great motivation to get what you want. The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services estimates it will pay out more than $6.5 billion to motivate hospitals to adopt electronic health record systems. Kelly Waldhoff, program analyst at the Health and Human Services department Office of Inspector General, joins In Depth with a look at the EHR incentive programs.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Jason Miller on agencies asking the Office of Management and Budget for reprogramming authority... (Click here to read his report)
- DoD Reporter Jared Serbu on the Defense Department's proposed changes to military health care... (Click here to read his report).
- TSA says no employee furloughs expected
- Feds charge 24 IRS workers with theft
- FY 2014 NIST Budget Request Emphasizes Advanced Manufacturing, Cybersecurity
- a href="http://www.federalnewsradio.com/241/3290830/House-passes-CISPA-cyber-bill" target="_blank">House passes CISPA cyber bill