Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
In Depth Show Blog - April 8
Monday - 4/8/2013, 8:09pm EDT
As part of Federal News Radio's special report "Rise of the Money People," Director of the Interior Business Center Joseph Ward and Assistant Director of the Financial Management Directorate Esther Horst join In Depth with Francis Rose for an in-depth look at the intersection of financial-management modernization and shared services.
CQ Roll Call
Spring break is over for Congress and lawmakers have a lot on their plate coming up in the next few weeks. David Hawkings, senior editor at Roll Call, joins In Depth to discuss happenings on the Hill this week.
Director of Homeland Security and Justice Issues
Government Accountability Office
Collecting information and sharing it with other federal agencies is harder when you're collecting the same things somebody else is. The Justice Department, Homeland Security, and the Office of National Drug Control Policy have some overlap problems, according to a new Government Accountability Office review. Eileen Larence, director of Homeland Security and Justice Issue at GAO, joins In Depth with more from the report.
Young Government Leaders
The next generation of government leaders has some tough challenges ahead. A retirement wave is gathering steam and agencies are making some tough financial choices. Virginia Hill, incoming president of Young Government Leaders, joins In Depth to discuss how younger feds are dealing with budget challenges at their agencies.
Also on the show:
From Our Reporters:
- Federal chief financial officers are responsible for $3.8 trillion in federal spending. That's up from $1.2 trillion dollars in 1990. CFOs face larger budgets, and more complex budgets. Some experts think that means the law that created the federal CFO 23 years ago, known as the CFO Act, needs to be updated. Federal News Radio's Executive Editor Jason Miller went into the federal community looking for answers as part of the Federal News Radio special report "Rise of the Money People."