Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
2013: When "health" changes to "mHealth"
Tuesday - 1/8/2013, 10:00pm EST
Here in 2013 one candidate for tagline of the year is "mHealth."
This is a portmanteau of "mobile" and "health."
Today's interview focuses on mHealth and the federal information professionals.
Our guest is Rick Swanson, principal and mHealth federal health lead from Deloitte.
The discussion highlights the HiMSS National Capital Chapter discussion he will lead on January 17, 2013. It brings together six mHealth professionals ranging from the Military Health System to the ONC.
The interview brings up the topics that will be discussed at the HiMSS NCA forum.
With pressure on all agency budgets, one interest is how innovations in mHealth can reduce cost.
Many agencies have interest in moving a mobile agency project from pilot to full deployment. Swanson highlights his experience in a wide range of agencies to accomplish this delicate dance.
If you have concerns about data collection, privacy, or mobile in the cloud, you should listen to the insights Swanson provides.