Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
2013: When "health" changes to "mHealth"
Tuesday - 1/8/2013, 10:00pm EST
Here in 2013 one candidate for tagline of the year is "mHealth."
This is a portmanteau of "mobile" and "health."
Today's interview focuses on mHealth and the federal information professionals.
Our guest is Rick Swanson, principal and mHealth federal health lead from Deloitte.
The discussion highlights the HiMSS National Capital Chapter discussion he will lead on January 17, 2013. It brings together six mHealth professionals ranging from the Military Health System to the ONC.
The interview brings up the topics that will be discussed at the HiMSS NCA forum.
With pressure on all agency budgets, one interest is how innovations in mHealth can reduce cost.
Many agencies have interest in moving a mobile agency project from pilot to full deployment. Swanson highlights his experience in a wide range of agencies to accomplish this delicate dance.
If you have concerns about data collection, privacy, or mobile in the cloud, you should listen to the insights Swanson provides.