Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Online Chat: Charlie Armstrong, CIO, CBP
Tuesday - 12/18/2012, 1:36pm EST
Some of the topics discussed included:
- CBP's data consolidation initiative into the One-DHS concept;
- the agency's use of mobile devices and apps to meet CBP's mission more efficiently;
- updates on the multi-billion dollar Automated Commercial Environment (ACE) program to modernize import and export processing systems;
- how CBP is planning for a reduced IT budget (the agency receives more IT funding than any other DHS component)
- how CBP is addressing cybersecurity challenges.
View an archived version of the chat below.
Federal News Radio's Jason Miller moderated the discussion. Check out his recent interview with Armstrong.
Having trouble viewing this live chat? Click here to enable a pop-up window of the chat box.