Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Mobile Strategy - Labor Department
Wednesday - 12/5/2012, 11:46am EST
Department of Labor
Does your department or agency have a mobile strategy or policy?
No. But Labor is currently developing a specific policy regarding mobile devices and apps. It also is using existing social media and website policies to foster a strong mobile development environment. This includes an all-of-the-above approach to app development, coordinated by the Office of Public Affairs. This strategy has enabled us to develop effective mobile apps in-house, through approved contract vehicles and as part of public challenges. We expect this mobile policy to be finalized by the third quarter of fiscal 2013. We are using our internal DOL Wiki to engage developers from across the agency in crowdsourcing the development of the policy, which will be presented to executive leadership for review.
We are evaluating various Bring-Your-Own-Device approaches and how they could fit into our enterprise-focused mobility strategy.
View more mobile strategies from the following agencies: