Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - November 30
Friday - 11/30/2012, 6:42pm EST
Rep. Bennie Thompson
As thing winds down in the 112th Congress, some members point to what the priorities of the 113th session should be. Federal News Radio's Jason Miller spoke with Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), the ranking member of the House Homeland Security Committee in our "Congressional Spotlight."
Thompson discussed a letter he sent to prospective leaders of the committee.
Tammy Flanagan — Senior Benefits Director, National Institute of Transition Planning
It's that time of year again — open season. Tammy Flanagan, the senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, joins In Depth to provide five top tips for Open Season.
Trey Hodgkins — Senior Vice President and Leader of TechAmerica's Global Public Sector team
The Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act, introduced by Rep. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), aims to bring federal IT back to its core values. But as much as the process needs to refocus it should also keep an eye on the future, many on the industry side say.
Trey Hodgkins, senior vice president of TechAmerica and leader of the group's global public sector team, joins In Depth, to discuss the group's concerns with the bill.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Eric Crusius — Senior Attorney, Centre Law Group
Say sequestration happens and the automatic budget cuts fall across the government. Knowing how to manage your agency's contracts could help a lot during that time. And the same goes for contractors themselves.
Eric Crusius, joins In Depth to discuss his five (tongue-in-cheek) reasons Congress hasn't dealt with sequestration yet and some real-world advice to agencies for managing their contracts during the uncertanty.
Also on the show: