Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - November 13
Tuesday - 11/13/2012, 5:42pm EST
Tom Shoop — Editor-in-Chief, GovExec
A hiring freeze could be right on the heels of the current pay freeze. And for some agencies it's already arrived.
Tom Shoop, the editor-in-chief of GovExec, joins In Depth to discuss why a federal civilian hiring freeze could take center stage in deficit-reduction negotiations.
Humberto Sanchez — Staff writer, Roll Call
Today is Congress' first day back, and already the lame-duck session is shaping up to be busier than most. Between sequestration, cybersecurity legislation and leadership nominations, Congress has plenty of work to do.
Humberto Sanchez, a staff writer at Roll Call joins In Depth to discuss what's on lawmakers' must-do list.
Alan Chvotkin — Executive Vice President and Counsel, Professional Services Council
The Pentagon's plan for Better Buying Power 2.0 is out today.
Deputy Secretary Ashton Carter and Undersecretary for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Frank Kendall released the revamped strategy at the Pentagon. (See initial details here).
Alan Chvotkin, executive vice president and counsel at the Professional Services Council, joins In Depth to discuss what vendors think of the new guidance, so far, and whether any of the group's recommendations made it into the final guidance.
Also on the show:
Pentagon Solutions: DoD's Wennergren on innovation, leadership (Federal News Radio)
US Congress looks into data brokerage privacy policies (InfoSecurity magazine)
Better Buying Power 2.0 - Livetweeting the release of DoD's new acquisition strategy (Federal News Radio)