Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - November 2
Friday - 11/2/2012, 6:04pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Joe Waddell — Director of Acquisition Management, National Nuclear Security Administration
Strategic sourcing probably isn't a new term for most federal executives. But even if it's not part of the game-plan yet, it's hard to deny the success some agencies are having with it.
Joe Waddell, the director of acquisition management at the National Nuclear Safety Administration, joins In Depth to discuss the savings his agency has seen by implementing strategic sourcing.
NNSA Saves More Than $519M Through Strategic Sourcing (related link)
Tammy Flanagan — Senior Benefits Director, National Institute of Transition Planning
Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director for the National Institute of Transition Planning, joins In Depth to discuss the age-old question of the best day to retire.
In a GovExec column, Flanagan provided a checklist for making sure feds are ready to retire.
Flanagan joins In Depth to discuss more retirement tips.
Rick Geritz — Chair of Cyber Maryland
Cyber Security Month is over but that doesn't mean it's a passing concern. The problem of IT security is really coming into focus now and at the forefront is a Beltway neighbor.
Rick Geritz, the chair of Cyber Maryland, joins In Depth to discuss the work his organization does.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Rob Burton — Partner at Venable Law Firm
Like their federal executive counterparts across government, chief acquisition officers are busy. But it looks like CAOs are having a hard time juggling their priorities.
Rob Burton, former acting administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy and now a partner at Venable, told FCW that this juggling of priorities means some responsibilities fall off the radar .
CAOs: Juggling as a job skill (related link)
Kim Weaver — Director of External Affairs, Federal Thrift Investment Board
Kim Weaver, director of external affairs for the Federal Thrift Investment Board, joins In Depth to recap the performance of the Thrift Savings Plan for the month of October.
The TSP took a bit of a dip last month, with all of the Lifecycle Funds posting in the red.
Lifecycle Funds down as October TSP returns dip (related story)
Also on the show: