Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - November 1
Thursday - 11/1/2012, 4:57pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Kymm McCabe — President and CEO, ASI Government
Kymm McCabe, president and CEO of ASI Government, joins In Depth to discuss the toolkit and the response she anticipates from the federal government.
After Sandy, feds deploy all-hands-on-deck approach (related story)
John Slye — Advisory Research Analyst, Federal Industry Analysis, Deltek
A majority of IT security spending at civilian agencies has nothing to do with computers. About 74 percent of agencies' IT budgets are spent on employee paychecks, according to a Deltek analysis.
John Slye, an advisory research analyst for Federal Industry Analysis at Deltek, joins In Depth to discuss Deltek's analysis of federal data on IT spending. Slye provides a comparison of civilian IT spending vs. defense and discusses why better defining "cybersecurity professional" remains an issue.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.
Jim Phillips — Executive Vice President, Centre Consulting
Baseball legend Yogi Berra might have put it best. When it comes to contracting, the federal government isn't just looking at the past. It's actually starting to relive it.
Jim Phillips, executive vice president of Centre Consulting and a partner in the Centre Law Group, says the dominance of price as a factor in awarding contracts — as in the Lowest Price, Technically Acceptable (LPTA) designation — is very reminiscent of the past.
Read Phillips' commentary (requires subscription)
Also on the show:
DoD should recruit from global STEM workforce, report says (Federal News Radio)