Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
In Depth interviews - October 25
Thursday - 10/25/2012, 3:05pm EDT
This is the In Depth show blog. Here you can listen to the interviews, find more information about the guests on the show each day and links to additional resources.
Dennis Eley Jr. — Wounded Warrior Coordinator, Human Resource Services Center Southwest, Department of the Navy
There's no such thing as too much diversity in the workplace. Especially when it comes to the hiring of veterans.
The Space and Naval Warfare Systems Command is co-hosting the third annual Wounded Warrior Hiring and Support Conference next week.
The theme this year is "Hiring our Nation's Heroes - Rise to the Challenge. Diversify Your Workforce!"
Dennis Eley Jr., the wounded warrior coordinator for the Department of the Navy's Human Resource Services Center Southwest, joins In Depth to discuss the trends in hiring practices for wounded warriors.
Christopher Preble — Vice President for defense and foreign policy studies, Cato Institute
Some experts don't think the automatic budget cuts known as sequestration would be all that bad.
In fact some say they would rather see the cuts happen than be avoided. One of those experts is Christopher Preble, the vice president for defense and foreign Policy Studies of the Cato Institute.
Preble joins In Depth to discuss whether the defense budget cuts could actually help the economy.
Todd Harrison — Senior Fellow for Defense Budget Studies, Center for Strategic and International Studies
Competition is the cornerstone for lowering the cost of the Defense Department's acquisition. But sometimes competitive pricing can make acquisition more expensive.
Todd Harrison, the senior fellow for Defense Budget Studies at the Center for Strategic and Budgetary Assessments, has authored a report detailing how that's possible.
One of the main takeaways is that despite some similarities, the defense industry really doesn't operate as a traditional free market.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.
Marion Blakey — President, Aerospace Industries Association
The topic of sequestration reared its head in the final presidential debate this week. Both President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney voiced their opposition to the cuts, with the President even vowing that the cuts won't happen.
Marion Blakey, the president of the Aerospace Industries Association, says these statements should translate into action to avert the cuts.
Also on the show:
Cybersecurity Rising: DoD doubles down on cyber threat reality (Federal News Radio)