Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Brocade's Anthony Robbins on the government's big data challenge
Friday - 9/21/2012, 3:29pm EDT
Brocade is known for its solutions for managing large and complex data, Robbins said, an especially important technology topic today.
Brocade also provides network infrastructure solutions.
"The amount of data that the federal government is creating, in particular, is just enormous," Robbins said. "Not only is the federal government considered the largest consumer of information technology worldwide, as as segment, they are also the largest creator of data."
From his official bio:
|As Vice President of Federal Sales, Anthony Robbins is responsible for leading the Brocade sales effort to the U.S. Department of Defense, civilian agencies, and the intelligence community.
Robbins has more than 25 years of industry experience, including his previous role as Senior Vice President, North America Public Sector, at Oracle, where he led the integration, planning, and staffing of more than 200 people as Oracle acquired Sun Microsystems. Prior to that, Robbins served as Vice President, Federal, at Sun Microsystems, Inc. He was also Senior Vice President of Worldwide Sales at Silicon Graphics, Inc. (SGI).
He has a B.S. from Jacksonville State University in Alabama.