Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Determining your financial ability to retire
Monday - 4/7/2014, 5:53pm EDT
All month long, we will explore topics related to your finances and your financial awareness to help you make decisions about them.
On today's program, Joe Sullender, CFP, Senior Vice President/Investments, Financial Strategies Group of Wells Fargo Advisors, joins hosts Tammy Flanagan and Bob Leins to discuss some of the basics that need to be considered when beginning the process of making decisions regarding financial awareness relative to retirement.
- Determining what amount of cash flow you feel is reasonable in retirement. This is not easy to do but we will start with basics and build from there.
- Projecting what you, as a federal employee, will be receiving relative to retirement income. This discussion includes your base annuity, TSP distribution options and social security. If you will have a survivor to be cared for in retirement how can that cash flow be initially projected?
- If there is a shortfall in your retirement funding analysis, how will the shortfall be adjusted?
- What is the best way to manage money pre-retirement regardless of the stage of your career?
We look forward to taking your questions and or requests by emailing us at ForYourBenefit@nitpinc.com.