Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Most TSP funds hold steady in November, though gains slow
Monday - 12/2/2013, 11:14am EST
The C Fund, which is tracked to the performance of the Standard and Poor's 500, posted the largest gains — 3.05 percent. The C Fund's gains were driven by a strong month on Wall Street for the S&P stock index, according to the Associated Press.
Of the five regular funds, only the F Fund posted in the red for November, down 0.35 percent. The fund, which is tracked to the bond market, is also the only fund to be trending negative for the year. Year-to-date, the fund is down 1.13 percent.
The S Fund, a mix of smaller companies not included in the S&P 500, was up 2.49 percent and the I Fund, tracked to international stocks, inched up 0.75 percent. Year-to-date, the former has gained 34.40 percent and the latter 20.32 percent.
The L Funds, a professionally administered set of investments targeted to TSP participants' retirement dates, all gained during the month. The L Income Fund — designed for participants who have retired and are currently withdrawing from their accounts — gained 0.58 percent. The remaining L Funds all gained more than 1 percent.
The returns for November follow two consecutive months of across-the-board gains.
Thrift Savings Plan November 2013 returns
|Fund||November||Year-to-Date||Last 12 Months|