Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
What you need to know now for your taxes
Monday - 5/13/2013, 5:51pm EDT
O'Rourke is a principal with the law firm Miles and Stockbridge, P.C.
His practice focuses on tax matters involving estate planning and administration, and pension issues.
He works with clients to assist in meeting their business and financial objectives in the most tax-efficient manner.
The discussion contains two distinct points of view — the CPA approach to taxes and the lawyer's legal approach.
Together they examine:
- Why the best time to plan for taxes is before year's end;
- How last year's tax law change will affect your 2013 return;
- Why estate planning is important for everyone, not just for the wealthy;
- What are some common, but often overlooked, deductions;
- How to best deal with IRS letters.