Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Retirement twilight zone
Monday - 4/8/2013, 9:59pm EDT
A CSRS employee retired and elected full survivor benefits for his spouse. After retirement, the couple divorced and she was awarded half of his retirement. A year later he died and she got nothing.
A 61 year-old woman put her retirement application in to retire at the end of the month. She was wearing her 20-year service pin, but she was not eligible to retire. Why not?
Join Bob Leins as he hosts the first ever NITP "Stories from the Twilight Zone of Retirement Benefits."
Tammy Flanagan, James Marshall and Bob Braunstein recount and explain some strange, but true, stories from the world of retirement planning.