Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
A look through our 'crystal ball' into the near future
Monday - 10/1/2012, 1:36pm EDT
Despite the talk about sequestration and other changes that might be adverse to feds' pocketbooks, Causey says that history gives federal employees and retirees reason to remain optimistic.
"Be happy, don't worry," says Causey toward the end of the broadcast. "Sequestration is out there, but it may not happen.
"Remember, people have been worrying about the 'high five' replacing the 'high three' for about 20 years. It hasn't happened.
"Most of these things, there's nothing you can do about it: It's not a date certain you can retire to avoid it.
"There's really nothing you can do, so — you know — kind of relax," Causey advises.