Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
A look through our 'crystal ball' into the near future
Monday - 10/1/2012, 1:36pm EDT
Despite the talk about sequestration and other changes that might be adverse to feds' pocketbooks, Causey says that history gives federal employees and retirees reason to remain optimistic.
"Be happy, don't worry," says Causey toward the end of the broadcast. "Sequestration is out there, but it may not happen.
"Remember, people have been worrying about the 'high five' replacing the 'high three' for about 20 years. It hasn't happened.
"Most of these things, there's nothing you can do about it: It's not a date certain you can retire to avoid it.
"There's really nothing you can do, so — you know — kind of relax," Causey advises.