Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lawmakers find ways to avoid another TSP cyber breach
Tuesday - 7/31/2012, 7:58am EDT
A Senate subcommittee on government management will grill Federal Retirement Thrift Investment Board Director Greg Long in a hearing today.
Subcommittee leaders called the hearing because they say the nearly 40-year-old federal privacy act has not kept pace with technology. They'll look at ways to avoid similar data breaches in the future.
The Homeland Security Department's Chief Privacy Officer Mary Ellen Callahan also is scheduled to testify.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.