Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Phased retirement soon to be an option for feds
Monday - 7/23/2012, 1:34pm EDT
Federal News Radio
Federal employees will soon have the option of a "phased retirement," which will allow them to work part-time and also collect a portion of their retirement benefits.
The provision for this was part of the highway bill, signed into law by President Obama on July 6.
Although OPM has yet to establish a date when this option will become available to federal employees, it was discussed at length on the July 23 edition of For your Benefit.
Other topics covered by co-hosts Bob Leins and Tammy Flanagan included the Roth TSP.
For YourBenefit is heard live Mondays at 10 a.m. on Federal News Radio.