Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
My HealtheVet - The Gateway to Veterans Health and Wellness
Wednesday - 5/30/2012, 12:17pm EDT
A panel discussion providing a complete overview of the
My HealtheVet program highlighting the benefits of the
My HealtheVet personal health record for Veterans.
Moderator: Tom Temin - Host of the Federal Drive
Theresa Hancock - Director, My HealtheVet National Program
Dr. Ross Fletcher - Chief of Staff, DC VA Medical Center
Craig Carpenter - Super User
Madhulika Agarwal, MD, MPH - Deputy Under Secretary for Health for Policy and Services (10P), Veterans Health Administration
More details about My HealtheVet:
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) is proud to partner with you to ensure you receive the best health care possible. As a part of that partnership, we are excited to tell you how you can take greater control over managing your personal health and improve communications with your VA health care team through an exciting website created just for you, My HealtheVet ( MyHealth.va.gov).
My HealtheVet and Secure Messaging (SM) give you more freedom to make your health care decisions — and seek medical advice at a time and place that work best for you, based on your preferences.
As a Veteran patient with an upgraded My HealtheVet account*, you can see portions of your medical records and track VA lab results and vital signs. You can track blood sugar, monitor blood pressure, submit VA prescription refills, as well as ask for advice on your schedule. You can also get an eBenefits Premium account and track your claims online, all from the comfort of your home, a local café or anywhere you access the Internet.
You can share portions of your medical history with your family, caregivers or non-VA providers - ensuring they have all the information they need to help you. And you can be sure that your records are secure as only you decide who sees them using the VA Blue Button on My HealtheVet.
By opting in to Secure Messaging, you can use SM to communicate with your VA health care team. This means you can get care between visits. There's no waiting for advice until the next check up and changes to medications can be made in real time. Best of all, you can learn more about your health conditions or ways to improve your treatment with My HealtheVet . But remember that if you have an emergency, always call 911. Secure Messaging is for non-urgent/emergent communication.
With a My HealtheVet account, these services and more are available to you from any computer with Internet access. With My HealtheVet and Secure Messaging there's no drive to make, no forms to fill out and no waiting in line or on the phone - saving you time and money.
Getting started with My HealtheVet is easy! If you have not already, just register for a My HealtheVet account at MyHealth.va.gov. You need an upgraded My HealtheVet account, called *In-Person Authentication (IPA), to use Secure Messaging. Contact your local My HealtheVet Coordinator or ask about IPA at your next visit. Your VA health care team will be happy to walk you through the short setup process.
My HealtheVet and Secure Messaging put you in the driver's seat to better manage your health and personal well-being. Ask us how My HealtheVet can help you today!
Click here for more information or visit: MyHealth.va.gov.