Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Wednesday - 7/31/2013, 1:51pm EDT
POSTED DATE: September 6, 2013
Title of Position: IT Manager
Schedule: M-F or as needed
Status: Full Time, Hourly
LOCATION: 3400 Idaho Ave. N.W. Washington, DC
- Degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in technical operations management and/or an equivalent combination of eduction and experience.
- Broad knowledge of information technology processing systems, concepts, and methodologies.
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
- Project an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment.
- Ability to work established schedule and other hours as needed.
Work with IT Director to plan, coordinate, direct, and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Responsible for the IT infrastructure services including desktop applications, Local area networks, IT security and telecommunications.
- Provide operational reporting and feedback to IT Director in the form of frequent communication on the status and fitness of organizational IT operations.
- Provide computer technical support, (i.e., answering technical questions and troubleshooting computer problems).
- Manage IT Helpdesk staff.
- Recommendations and assistance with the design and implementation of new systems as well as implementing improvements and upgrades to existing infrastructure.
- Systems Administration and Server management for core IT Infrastructure services.
- Monitoring and remediation support for network infrastructure services, including switches and firewalls.
- Execution of IT security initiatives as directed by the IT Director, based on both local and corporate policies, as well as industry best practice.
- Execution of a comprehensive data backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Maintain and administer an incident ticketing system which provides for an easy and organized way to track, monitor, and communicate ticket resolution status back to the person reporting the problem.
- Maintain an up to date hardware and software inventory, as well as an asset refresh plan.
- 2nd/3rd Tier technical support for incidents escalated from desktop support personnel.
- Other duties as assigned.
Click Here For Application
No Telephone Calls Please
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER