Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DoD Cyber Command to get new senior leaders
Tuesday - 7/5/2011, 5:44pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department is moving some chairs around in its Cyber Command.
Rear Adm. Sean Filipowski will take over from Rear Adm. Jan Tighe as the deputy director of operations at Cyber Command in Fort Meade, Md.
Filipowski comes over from the Navy where he is the director of cyber, sensors and electronic warfare in the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
Tighe will become the director of decision superiority in the Office of the Chief of Naval Operations.
Along with Filipowski, the Cyber Command will add Rear Adm. Samuel Cox, who will become the director of intelligence. Cox currently is the director of the National Maritime Intelligence Center.
Additionally, the Navy's Fleet Cyber Command will get a new deputy commander. Rear Adm. Matthew Kohler will move into that position from his current role as deputy chief of Tailored Access Operations for the National Security Agency at Fort Meade, Md.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)