Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
NRC's $252M Dell IT contract survives protest
Monday - 6/13/2011, 7:31am EDT
Federal News Radio
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission's largest technology contract ever is back on track.
NRC awarded Dell Services a $252 million IT support services contract in February only to see losing bidder, L-3 Stratis, protest the award.
Last Thursday, the Government Accountability Office denied L-3 Stratis' complaint, thus letting the original award move forward, said Darren Ash, NRC's chief information officer.
Under the six-year deal, Dell Services will operate, maintain and enhance a NRC's IT infrastructure in its Office of Information Systems.
According to Dell Services, the contract includes program management, BlackBerry Support Services, email and messaging, file and print, personal computing, software license, management, network management, remote access, integration and high performance computing and several other services.
A spokesman for L-3 Stratis said it's company policy not to comment on protests.
"We are looking forward to building a strong relationship with the NRC and providing the highest quality of IT outsourcing support to assist them in efficiently carrying out their important mission," said Richard Pineda, the vice president of Dell Services Federal Government, in a release.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)