Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
USPS set to release Specific RIFs
Thursday - 5/26/2011, 7:10pm EDT
Employees will receive Specific RIF notices if they did not receive an assignment; if they received a demotion to a lower-grade position; or if they received a reassignment to a same-grade position.
According to the 2011 Organizational Redesign FAQs, employees who receive Specific RIF notices on May 27 will remain in their current positions until Sept. 9, 2011. Employees who are assigned a new position (either a same-grade reassignment or demotion) will begin in that new position on September 10, 2011. Employees who received separation notices will be separated effective COB on Sept. 9, 2011.
USPS has not indicated how many employees will receive Specific RIFs tomorrow. Requests for more information to USPS on the RIF notices were not immediately returned.
All employees are eligible to apply for job openings within the Postal Service during the posting period that begins June 14, 2011.
The Postal Service also made clear that it is still evaluating, and that employees who did not receive a Specific RIF on May 27 may still receive one at a later date. It is also possible for a Specific RIF sent out on May 27 to be later rescinded.
The full FAQs can be found here. Questions 21-24 relate to Specific RIF notices sent out May 27, and are at the bottom.