Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Which feds make the most money?
Tuesday - 5/3/2011, 1:50pm EDT
Senior Internet Editor
Doctors, lawyers, and dentists top the list of the highest paid feds in government.
USA Today analyzed federal workforce data from the Office of Personnel Management. They found feds who make more than $180,000 a year account for less than one percent of the workforce.
Doctors make up eight out of 10 of those top-salaried jobs. Attorneys accounted for 6 percent, followed by dentists, with almost 3 percent, and financial institution examiners, with nearly 2 percent.
The data used do not cover the White House, the federal judiciary, most employees of the legislative branch, federal contractors or some agencies, such as the CIA and National Security Agency, said the paper.
Top ten federal agencies and occupations with employees with annualized salaries of $180,000 or more in September 2010
|Agency||Occupation||Jobs $180,000 or over|
|Veterans Health Admin. (VHA)||Medical officer (doctor)||12,708|
|NIH||Medical officer (doctor)||579|
|FDA||Medical officer (doctor)||426|
|Indian Health Service||Medical officer (doctor)||303|
|Office of the Comptroller of the Currency||Financial institution examining||238|
|U.S. Army Medical Command||Medical officer (doctor)||187|
For the rest of the chart, see USAToday's Chart: High-paying government jobs
For more on this topic, see Keyword: Pay Debate.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)