Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Nominations open for 2011 Presidential Rank Awards
Friday - 4/29/2011, 1:57pm EDT
Federal News Radio
Agencies have until May 23 to nominate career executives and senior professionals for the Presidential Rank Awards.
The award goes to federal leaders who demonstrated "strength, integrity, industry and a relentless commitment to excellence in public service," according to Office of Personnel Management website.
The 2010 winners were recognized Thursday night in a banquet sponsored by the Senior Executives Association.
Awards are divided into two categories:
- The Distinguished Executive rank is awarded to 1 percent of SES members. Winners receive a lump-sum of 35 percent of their annual basic pay.
- The Meritorious Executive rank is awarded to 5 percent of SES members. Winners receive a lump-sum of 20 percent of their annual basic pay.
Agencies can nominate up to 9 percent of their Senior Executive Service members. But an OPM memo says agencies should "consider the current austere fiscal climate" and adjust the number of nominations with the expectation that the number of winners this year will be "significantly reduced."
President Obama will make the final decision to approve award winners after a review by private citizens, led by OPM.
Dining With the Real Stars (Mike Causey column)