Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Breakdown of cuts in 3-week spending bill
Thursday - 3/17/2011, 5:45pm EDT
Congress still has not voted on a budget for the remaining six months in this fiscal year.
The temporary spending bill on its way to the president is the sixth in this budget cycle. It would cut $6 billion in domestic spending, including $3.5 billion in program terminations.
According to the House Appropriations Committee website, some of the terminations include:
- Homeland Security - Customs and Border Protection - Construction: $107 million.
- Social Security - Internet Technology Funds - $200 million
- Agriculture - Single Family Housing = $144 million
- Commerce - Census Rescission = $1.74 billion.
- Labor - Community Service Employment for Older Americans = $225 million
- Health and Human Services - Parklawn Building Lease = $35 million
- National Park Service - Construction Funding Rescission = $25 million