Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Sources: FCC chair could be new Commerce head
Tuesday - 3/8/2011, 2:20pm EST
Federal News Radio
Locke will be nominated by the president to become the new ambassador to China.
Tech industry sources and prominent Democrats close to the White House told The Hill that Genachowski is a potential successor among a list that includes U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Genachowski's tenure as FCC chairman has been marked by passage of net neutrality legislation preventing companies who control Internet pipelines from restricting what customers do online.
The Hill reports Genachowski has been close to Obama since law school and campaigned for him in 2008. "His ties to business executives could be an asset as the administration seeks to improve relations with industry," according to the article.