Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Sources: FCC chair could be new Commerce head
Tuesday - 3/8/2011, 2:20pm EST
Federal News Radio
Locke will be nominated by the president to become the new ambassador to China.
Tech industry sources and prominent Democrats close to the White House told The Hill that Genachowski is a potential successor among a list that includes U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Genachowski's tenure as FCC chairman has been marked by passage of net neutrality legislation preventing companies who control Internet pipelines from restricting what customers do online.
The Hill reports Genachowski has been close to Obama since law school and campaigned for him in 2008. "His ties to business executives could be an asset as the administration seeks to improve relations with industry," according to the article.