Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Sources: FCC chair could be new Commerce head
Tuesday - 3/8/2011, 2:20pm EST
Federal News Radio
Locke will be nominated by the president to become the new ambassador to China.
Tech industry sources and prominent Democrats close to the White House told The Hill that Genachowski is a potential successor among a list that includes U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Genachowski's tenure as FCC chairman has been marked by passage of net neutrality legislation preventing companies who control Internet pipelines from restricting what customers do online.
The Hill reports Genachowski has been close to Obama since law school and campaigned for him in 2008. "His ties to business executives could be an asset as the administration seeks to improve relations with industry," according to the article.