Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Army names Susan Lawrence new CIO
Friday - 3/4/2011, 4:38pm EST
As CIO, Lawrence is responsible for setting strategic direction and overseeing a $10 billion IT annual budget.
"Right now, the network is the Army's number one modernization effort," Lawrence said in a statement. "We want a network that can provide soldiers and civilians information of all categories and forms, as well as a means to collaborate in real-time, at the exact moment required, in any environment, under all circumstances."
She replaces Lt. Gen. Jeff Sorenson, who retired last November.
Lawrence joined the Army in 1972.
WFED's Ruben Gomez contributed to this story.