Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
OPM gives feds options for early dismissal
Friday - 3/4/2011, 2:58pm EST
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management said federal employees can now take unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework prior to an early dismissal in the Washington, D.C., area.
"The revised announcement is not a change in policy," but is meant to give feds additional options when there is an early dismissal, said OPM director John Berry in a memorandum Thursday.
Since workers arrive to work at many different times, OPM said it hopes this revision will encourage them to leave earlier when weather advisories are in place.
OPM also said it realizes implementing unscheduled telework policies is an ongoing process and is encouraging agencies to work on pairing teleworking with their weather procedures.
John Buckner is an intern with Federal News Radio.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)