Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Spy chief: Cyber war is 'battleground of future'
Thursday - 2/10/2011, 7:39pm EST
Federal News Radio
The threat of cyber war is increasing, said James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, in comments to a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday.
CIA Chief Leon Panetta said the Internet was "the battleground of the future" that the United States must be prepared to win, Reuters reports.
Panetta added that the United States faces growing threats in developing countries such as China and Russia.
"We're now the subject of literally hundreds of thousands of attacks that come in, in an effort to try to get information," Panetta said, according to a report by UPI.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.